Child Immune System

Child Immune System

Physical activity, proper nutrition and fresh air are the three pillars of the healthy immune system, that is ready to fight back against pathogens at any time.

The infection shall not pass

If the immune system is weak, germs can easily escape from its supervision and, as a result, we get sick, because our body doesn’t have enough strength to fight the infection.

But a healthy immune system always has strategic moves against cold infections viruses, so it can easily fight them. However, to develop a strategic attack, the immune system should be trained and kept in shape.

Know your enemy

As you know, children are often ill with a common cold. There’s absolutely nothing to be afraid of: thus, the immune system gets acquainted with the various agents of disease, so that in the future to respond quickly to them. Only through close contact with microbes can we build a strong defense and develop a plan of defense against attack.

According to the researchers, preschoolers who go to kindergarten are less likely to be ill at school than children who were less exposed to infections.

Life is movement

Thanks to regular physical activity, blood circulates quickly through the vessels, which means that the cells can quickly mobilize in the place where they are needed most. Muscle mass, in turn, provokes the release of hormones that break down fat in the body. Regular exercise improves blood flow to the mucous membrane and strengthens antibodies on its surface - the front battlefield with pathogens.

An apple a day

For the body to function properly and produce protective cells, it needs a balanced diet. In addition to products that contain carbohydrates and protein, it’s also necessary to include fresh fruits and vegetables, rich in valuable vitamins, minerals and trace elements.

Frost and sun

Walking in the fresh air can significantly strengthen a child's immune system, because under the sun the body produces vitamin D. The so-called "solar hormone" stimulates the production of phagocytes (cells that absorb foreign bodies) and thus protects the body from disease-causing agents, that is, from bacteria or viruses. Foods cover only 10% of the body's daily requirement for this vitamin, the remaining 90% we get from the sun. Therefore it’s necessary to walk in the fresh air as often as possible, especially in the dark season.

Because of the lack of sunlight infections often get into the body in autumn and winter. However, even in winter it is possible to ensure the production of vitamin D, if you spend half an hour exercising in the fresh air.

Useful habits from the first days of life

From the beginning, instill in your child the love of healthy eating, active lifestyle and walks in the fresh air. It is very important for children to be near each other and perhaps a couple of times to catch a cold. Social interaction naturally strengthens the immune system and supports healthy physical and mental development. By taking care of your child, you help yourself as well if you follow these tricky rules. It is common for children to copy adult behavior if they aren’t forced to do so.

Starting from the very early years, make sure that your child moves and rests equally actively. This is how you can ensure the development of a healthy body, capable of repulsing infections at any time.