HELIOS Heart Surgery Karlsruhe
With 89 beds (including 24 ICU and 16 IMC beds), the HELIOS Heart Surgery is one of the largest dedicated cardiac surgery facilities in southern Germany. Its surgeons and anesthesiologists provide the highest level of cardiac care.
The surgical wing consists of five operating rooms including one hybrid operating room.
The clinic is very well established in southern Germany and has an outstanding range of equipment at its disposal.
We offer the full range of cardiac procedures for adults with the exception of transplant surgery, performing approximately 2,500 operations each year.
The core of our day-to-day activity falls into the following categories:
- Bypass surgery (coronary surgery) – particularly operations on beating hearts
- Cardiac valve surgery, including valve-sparing reconstruction procedures and the application of minimally invasive techniques
- Surgical treatment of cardiac arrhythmias (cardiac pacemakers, defibrillators, CRT systems, surgical treatment of atrial fibrillation)
- Surgery on congenital heart defects
- Pericardial intervention (e.g. to treat constrictive pericarditis)
- Surgery on aortic aneurysms
- Artificial heart support
Areas of particular expertise include minimally invasive procedures (minimally invasive aortic valve implantation (TAVI) and minimally invasive mitral valve reconstruction) as well as complete arterial revascularization, aortic valve reconstruction surgery and LVAD implantation as a destination therapy.
HELIOS Clinic for Heart Surgery KarlsruheFranz-Lust-Straße 30
Email:Send an email to us: email@example.com
How to get there
Discover more interesting articles and stories for international patients any time in our new...
Japanese technique refined: Oesophagus removed and reconstructed with...