Your way to us
The International Office of the HELIOS Hospital Group has 10 years of experience in supporting international patients.
Our multilingual team takes care of international patients who have decided to get medical treatment at one of our HELIOS hospitals in Germany. We provide advice concerning therapeutic options, travel arrangements, financing as well as the accommodation of relatives.
You as a patient benefit from the all-round support from a single source: One central point of contact for all locations, short waiting times as a result of early arrangement of appointments and flexible support before, during and after your treatment.
We will also be happy to help you with the planning and organisation of your trip to Germany.
In 2015, the International Office took care of more than 3,700 patients (among them more than 1,600 inpatients) during a treatment at one of our HELIOS hospitals in Germany.
More than 110 HELIOS hospitals throughout Germany ensure that we find the suitable specialist and the best possible treatment for every patient and their individual conditions.
Find out about our hospitals and experts before your stay:
Plan your treatment
You have already decided to get a treatment at one of our HELIOS hospitals and now would like to know what comes next?
Of course, you can contact the team of the HELIOS International Office at any time by phone or by email. You are also welcome to use our contact form.
Below, we will explain to you step by step what information we need from you to plan your treatment at one of our hospitals.
We care for you
- Please fill out the Patient Checklist and return it to us by email or fax. Please don’t forget to attach your medical records (medical reports, scans etc.).
- After checking your request, you will get an acknowledgement of receipt or feedback if any additional information is required to enable processing.
- All of your medical records at hand (written documents, if necessary radiological images) are reviewed and evaluated by our medical specialists. If possible, a therapy recommendation is given.
- We prepare a non-binding cost estimate for your treatment on the basis of the evaluation of our medical specialists. You will have your personalised treatment proposal within 72 hours.
- The amount stated in the cost estimate has to be transferred to us as a 100% prepayment before admission.
- We support you in organising your trip to Germany and obtaining the necessary documents (visa, flight, accommodation of the patient and relatives, transfer, interpreter services, etc.).
- Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions after your admission or during your hospital stay.
- It is our common goal to present the final bill on the day of your discharge
- We will be happy to support you in planning your trip back home and – if necessary – your aftercare.
- You will receive the physician’s report by email.
Discover more interesting articles and stories for international patients any time in our new...
Japanese technique refined: Oesophagus removed and reconstructed with...