Payment for medical treatment is a very delicate matter. The HELIOS International Office provides cost estimates based on the patient’s information and treatment recommendations given by our medical specialists. The entire cost structure is based on the German DRG system, the official billing system used in Germany.
In addition to the general costs of medical treatment, costs may be incurred by making use of optional services.
- Accommodation costs: At HELIOS, you can choose between a single or double room at the optional services ward or the private hospital. In many hospitals, the accommodation of accompanying persons in the patient’s room or in an apartment is possible as well.
- Treatment by private physician: Upon request, you will receive treatment from the head of department or his deputy.
Regardless of whether you make use of our optional services, we will ensure that your stay is as pleasant and individual as possible. Our entire service staff have been well trained in cultural diversity and languages; they are experienced in interacting with patients from all over the world.
Before your arrival, we expect a prepayment of the treatment costs (medical treatment as well as optional and other services) to the total amount stated in the cost estimate.
Should you have any questions on this, please have a look at our FAQs or do not hesitate to contact the International Office team.
HELIOS offers a specially developed facility concept just for you!
In our hospitals, you will find a pleasant environment that will help you to relax and get well soon. Rooms designed with warm colours combined with high-quality materials create a sense of well-being and comfort.
Our interior decoration is comfortable and specifically designed with an integrated modern media system. In our suites, you will find adequate space to welcome friends and relatives in a hotel-like setting.
- You can choose between a single or double room, in some hospitals there is also a suite available
- Electrically adjustable multi-position bed
- Every room has a separate bathroom with a shower, a heated towel rack as well as a hairdryer and a vanity mirror
- Terry bathrobe, bath towels and towels, cosmetic bag with toiletries
- Personal safe
- Minibar with cold beverages and snacks (located in the closet within the room)
- Telephone without basic charge
- Flat-screen TV with Sky TV, including choice of international channels
- CD and DVD Player
- Wireless Internet connection
- International newspapers in your native language
- Selection of books in your native language
Services & Catering
- Large selection of high-quality meals and varied menu service
- Selection of fresh fruit and cakes every day
- Lounge with cosy seating areas for our patients and their guests
- Coffee and tea specialities are available for you and your visitors in the lounge all day
Our service staff will take care of everything you need and fulfil all your culinary wishes. Our service concept is characterised by instant information, support exactly when you need it and loving attention to detail.
Discover more interesting articles and stories for international patients any time in our new...
Japanese technique refined: Oesophagus removed and reconstructed with...